Dentsville Youth Baseball/Softball League
General Policies for 2009 Season
The following policies have been adopted by the Dentsville Youth Baseball/Softball League for the regular season and league tournaments. These policies are league wide and apply to every age division within the league.
1. Each team will be designated “home” or “visitor” according to the official schedule provided by the individual leagues.
2. The “home” team will occupy the 1st base dugout except in the Dixie Boys League.
3. The “visiting” team will have the field for warm-ups from ten minutes to five minutes prior to game time. The “home” team will have the field for warm-ups from five minutes prior to the game time until game time.
4. Players are required to stay in the dugouts except for emergencies and are not permitted to sit in the stands during the games. This applies to players who are not currently in the game as well as active players.
5. Coaches have the authority to remove a player from a game at any time for disciplinary purposes. Notification must be given to the opposing coach, umpire, parents and League Vice President as soon as possible.
6. All equipment not in use must be kept inside the dugout area during games.
7. Before the game the home team is responsible for opening the press box, putting out the bases and turning on the lights if required. After the game the home team is responsible for putting up the bases, turning off the lights if required and closing the press box. Each team is responsible for cleaning up their dugout and surrounding area after the game. The League Vice President shall warn coaches who do not carry out the above responsibilities. Upon the second warning, the Head Coach shall be suspended from the field for one game.
8. Only team members, designated bat boys/girls, a maximum of three coaches, and one scorekeeper will be allowed in the dugout during games. League officials who are visiting dugouts do not count in this number. No more than two coaches (one in minor league) except base coaches shall be outside the dugout and must remain within two feet of the dugout fence and within 5 feet of the dugout opening...
9. Players, coaches, fans, and umpires will use no tobacco products within 100ft of the playing field, practice field or dugout area, or during any league sanctioned events.
10. No vulgar or abusive language by players, coaches or fans will be tolerated.
11. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed inside the park areas.
12. No unsportsmanlike behavior will be tolerated from players, coaches or fans.
13. Umpires and League Officials have the authority to have unruly fans removed from the park area.
14. Any coach or assistant coach who is ejected from a game shall submit a written report to the league VP within 48 hours. Failure to do so will result in immediate suspension. Any coach or assistant coach who is ejected from a game a second time in one season will be counseled by the Board and will accept the action deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
15. All leagues with six or more teams will be allotted 4 sets of trophies; split division leagues get a 1st place regular season trophy for each league and 1st and 2nd tournament winner trophies; one division leagues get 1st and 2nd regular season trophies and two sets of tournament trophies. All leagues with five teams and under will receive three sets of trophies. In T-Ball and in each softball league all players shall receive participation trophies.
16. Overall league record (not division record) dictates seeding of tournament play and standings for the draft. Ties involving a trophy will require a one game play-off game. Any other ties will be decided by head to head competition first and a coin flip second, with the winner getting the choice of better seeding in the tournament or the better draft selection next season..
17. New head coaches in the league will be assigned teams by blind draw. If a returning assistant coach is approved as a new head coach, he/she may be assigned to that same team as provided by the board of directors.
18. Parental authorization and the DYBSL fan code of ethics forms must be signed by parents of ALL team members before a player can practice with the team. These forms must be in the possession of the coach during all practices and games. A copy of the form must be given to the League Vice President.
19. Any policy or rule not specifically covered will be decided by the Board of Directors of the Dentsville Youth Baseball/Softball League.
20. No umpire may be assigned to a game with a parent, child, sibling, or spouse as a player or a coach.
21. Each coach in a league will serve on a committee chaired by the league vice president and will be required to participate in workdays and league sponsored events.
22. Participants of all leagues are required to follow the National Weather Services guidelines for Lightning at all league activities including practices, games,…etc.
23. All coaches must be certified with NYCSA, must submit a DYBSL Background Authorization Form and have DYB/SL Board of Directors approval.
Last revised January 15, 2009
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about this web site.